Thursday, April 2, 2009

Leading a Horse to Water

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. ESPECIALLY if you are forcing his head under the water!!! I bet he'll fight back. Ya think?

I thought of this analogy (that I had heard previously from a boss of mine back in like 2004) the other day, because I goofed on my peanut butter analogy (can you tell that I like analogies?) when trying to explain ACORN's responsibility for registration fraud. I thought to myself, "Why didn't JCG get it?" I mean, I lead him right up to the water!

Perhaps, it was because I was too forceful when forcing my views on the situation. If so,,,,my bad.

And I see wayyyy too much of that forcefulness on the blogosphere. I say "wayyy too much", because, is it working? Is anyone actually being convinced of anything? If so, then heave at it. If not, then perhaps more people would be willing to be led and even be willing to accept a "drink" if there wasn't so much mashing of heads under water.

But I could be wrong, I often am.

No comments:

Post a Comment