Monday, June 1, 2009

Abortion Doctor Killed

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090601/ap_on_re_us/us_tiller_shooting

OK I'll admit that I am making some huge assumptions: a) that this murderer was a conservative and b) that liberals will twist this murder against the GOP.

But given that, anyone else see this as another nail in the coffin of the GOP? I aint saying it's right to blame the GOP for this, but that will not stop liberals from extracting some momentum for their issues from this tragic murder. The issues that I speak of are duh, #1 Abortion rights. #2 Gun control. And #3 Oppression and intolerance from self righteous social conservative Christians.

I'd like to think that this is an isolated case. I'd like to think that the suspect is just a deranged wacko. I suppose that we'll find out eventually.

But perhaps many of his conservative friends, relatives, and associates could have noticed something brewing and said, "Whoa, dude, that aint right." If so, then this truly is very very sad, because then .... the liberals that are twisting this, just might have a point. Because if this guy was given an environment for his toxic thoughts to take hold, and grow, and thrive....then who is responsible for that environment? Answer: I am....that is IF I do not call out the haters that I relate with, then I am tacitly approving of their hate.

We all need to be the change that we wish to see in the world....and the change that I'd like to see is Conservatives that don't put up with wackos like this. I'd like to see Conservatives that have the juevos to stand up to haters, intolerance, and harassment. I'd like to see Conservatives that are not afraid to appear liberal aka, a bit soft here and there when the fact is that it's just liberty and justice for all.

But I could be wrong. I often am.

2 comments:

  1. Rich, while I won't go so far as to say this was an isolated incident - given the fact that attacks against abortion doctors aren't unheard of - I will say this absolutely shouldn't reflect on an entire group of people, in this case the anti-abortion movement.

    ReplyDelete